THERMINIC 1995 - Transportation
- How to reach Grenoble ?
- By plane : Grenoble is 30 minutes by car from Grenoble-Saint-Geoirs airport, 45 minutes from Lyon-Satolas international airport and 90 minutes from Geneva-Cointrin international airport.It takes one hour to get to Grenoble-Saint-Geoirs from Paris . The airport of Lyon provides direct flights to 30 French cities, 16 European cities, 14 African cities. Shuttle busses are available from Grenoble Saint Geoirs airport and from Lyon-Satolas airport to the Grenoble bus station.
- By road : Grenoble is connected to the Paris-Lyon-Marseille motorway on the West, to the Chambery-Geneva motorway on the east and also to the Grenoble-Turin axis, to the Grenoble-Valence motorway on the South.
- By rail : It takes 3 hours to come from Paris on the high-speed direct link (TGV - Train à Grande Vitesse). Some of these trains make a stop at the Lyon-Satolas airport, so that train can be mixed with plane.
- How to reach the Grand Hôtel de Paris in Villard de Lans ?
A special bus will take the participants from the railway station in Grenoble to the Grand Hotel de Paris, departing at 18.30 on 24 September, at the Grenoble bus station, just near the railway station (in the left-hand side when going out from the station). The driving time from Grenoble to Villard de Lans is 45 minutes.
- Busses from Grenoble to Villard de Lans are also available at 8.05 (Sunday : 9.05), 13.45, 18.10, and from Villard de Lans to Grenoble at 8.40, 12.50, 18.05, every day (timetables will be sent on request.)
- How to get back to Grenoble ?
- A Special bus will leave Villard de Lans to the Grenoble bus station on Tuesday
26 September at 16.00 (option A).
- A Special bus will leave Villard de Lans
to the Grenoble bus station at 8.00 on Wednesday 27 September (option B).